The Implementation Team on Re-Imagining Pathways for Students will address Recommendation 1 from the report of the 21st Century Commission on the Future of Community Colleges and a related implementation strategy:
- Increase completion rates of students earning community college credentials (certificates and associate degrees) by 50% by 2020, while preserving access, enhancing quality, and eradicating attainment gaps associated with income, race, ethnicity, and gender.
- Construct coherent, structured pathways to certificate and degree completion. This strategy should aim to incorporate high-impact, evidence-based educational practices; integrate student support with instruction; promote implementation at scale; rigorously evaluate the effectiveness of programs and services for students; and courageously end ineffective practices.
Primary tasks are:
- Develop a newly-imagined model for coherent, evidence-based pathways for students as a documented example for the community college field.
- Publish a description of design principles and recommendations for colleges in approaching their own redesign work.
- Recommend information resources for inclusion in AACC’s online 21st Century Center; sponsor presentations and discussion through national community college conferences.